I had a collection of Americana fabric, including a panel which duplicated the Declaration of Independence.
I know that this project does not look like it took a lot of design, but it took me a week or so to figure it out.I wanted to do something fancier, such as incorporate pieces of the Declaration into blocks, but that felt a bit unpatriotic. I had a lot of Americana fabric that I wanted to use, but it made everything too busy.
It ended up that I just used the panel, made a border out of red fabric, and added the upper and lower borders from another panel. The eagle is fused.
I decided to do very simple quilting that didn’t detract from the panel. So I used my star-shaped templates and quilted it on my longarm in a neutral colored thread.
If the design was a problem, the quilting was worse. It should have been denser and the stars ended up being too messy looking.
The “highlight” was sewing a stitch through my fingertip with my longarm. My finger has a couple of puncture wounds, but I’m okay.
This is one of those project that was made with love, but didn’t turn out nearly as well as I hoped. At this point, I’m not sure if I’ll even give it to her.