I picked up this pattern when I was in Canada last week. They had it made up in the shop and I loved it’s simplicity, not to mention that I have a huge stash of black and white fabric. This was a quick and easy project and will be a gift for my physical therapist, whose child-cats are the love of her life.
I wanted to keep the quilting on this very minimal. The first pass through, I did not quilt the cats at all. However, when I unzipped the project from the longarm, the lack of quilting in such a large area meant that it didn’t hang correctly. I went back and quilted the tails, as well as some fur in the bodies.
I also chose a cream color thread for the middle of the quilt. Although it appeared to be a slightly different color than the polka dot fabric, it actually blended in so well that I couldn’t see my quilting lines. I’ve made this mistake before, and I’ll probably make it again.
(If you can’t see the photo, please check my blog at quiltnotes.wordpress.com.)