I have to admit that I know very little about art galleries. I’ve visited two in my life — once on vacation in Santa Fe about 10 years ago, and a second time at a small, local gallery owned by my daughter’s art teacher. So by now you’ve figured out that I don’t moonlight as the New York Times’ art critic!
That said, I wanted to introduce you to New York’s City’s only art quilt gallery. This gallery is a small room at the back of City Quilter. It has been open for a little more than a year now. I make certain to check out this gallery on my regular trips to City Quilter. The gallery currently currently features 18 works by Lenore Crawford. This lady clearly has talent and I enjoyed seeing her work.
- The lighting is excellent.
- Admission is free.
- There is no pressure to buy and they have no problem with people browsing.
- You can shop at City Quilter and tell all your friends you had a cultural experience.
- The gallery is extremely small (about the size of a master bedroom).
- Only only artist is profiled at a time.
You can find out more about the Art Quilt Gallery at:
You can find out more about Lenore’s work at:
If you cannot see the photo, please view my blog directly at quiltnotes.wordpress.com