As promised, I spent yesterday cleaning up my sewing area and getting my Janome 1600P to work. It sewed beautifully! Clearly I had done something wrong with my threading.
I decided to finish a quilt that I’d started for my daughter. It’s a guitar-themed quilt and perfect to practice my free motion skills.
I must say that I find machine quilting to be very tiring. I do understand how people end up with frozen shoulders and neck problems from their quilting endeavors. I also understand why people pay to have someone else (with a long arm) do their quilting.
So today I continued my work. When it was time to refill the bobbin, I had to rethread the machine. I carefully took note of everything I’d done before. Well … something is wrong. My thread is shredding and breaking. I have absolutely no idea what is wrong … but it’s a repeat of the problems I had previously. I’m incredibly frustrated. I’m done for tonight. Maybe I’ll figure it out tomorrow. Last time it took my six months and I ended up buying a new machine. Hopefully I won’t have to repeat that strategy.